Friday, July 31, 2009

Post-Bar Exam Update

Well, I'm alive. Barely. After 2 horrible days, and many sleepless nights, I am back home from Roanoke. I told myself I wouldn't think about the Bar Exam until mid-October when the results come out, but I'm being hounded by several (loving, I know) people asking innocent questions that can get under your skin if you just spent the last week developing at least a dozen ulcers and would like to not think about the exam. But they lovingly and faithfully prayed for me the entire time, so there's no way I can not give them the answers they deserve to hear. I think that when I put about a week or two between me and the whole ordeal, I'll be a little more amiable to field the questions.

Ok, enough whining.

Next week I'm heading out to see my grandfather and other relatives in the middle of a farming community in Missouri. I like it out there. For a city-boy, there's not much to do there. It's a good thing I'm not really a city-boy at heart. But seriously, check out this satellite view of where I will be at. My grandfather's house is southwest of that town you see on the map...in the open-space farm territory.

But I'm pretty excited to see cousins that I haven't seen since I was maybe 15, and to shoot guns at...well, whatever I feel like because it's in the middle of nowhere. At some point we're going to head into Memphis and check out a bunch of Blues places, Graceland, and some awesome BBQ joints.

After that, we get back and then Ashley and I head off to Seattle. I'm very excited about that. We'll spend a couple of days up in Vancouver with a law school buddy of mine (what's up Hussy!), then check out Victoria, Seattle, and the beautiful Washington coastline. I've programmed my Garmin to take us to every lighthouse in Washington. We'll do a lighthouse tour and then post the pictures online. I'm super excited. Oh yeah, and I think a couple of people are getting married there too...KIDDING! I am excited to be in Steve and Sylvia's wedding party. I think I get to give a toast (if Sylvia hasn't changed her mind since we last talked about it). So I guess I'd better get my jokes ready. I also get to see another cousin and his wife and son (who is ADORABLE) while I'm there. Man, what an awesome month.

No comments: