Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The coolest thing I've seen while studying...EVER

Ashley's neighbor is a recently retired Navy SEAL (he mysteriously disappeared during the whole Maersk Alabama pirate situation...hmmmmmmmmm). So I'm trying to do some practice essays while sitting on Ashley's porch, and I hear his adorable kids running around making gun noises in their front yard. I look up and the his son and daughter have plastic toy guns and are pretending to be Navy SEALs.

Yeah, that's cute and all, but the coolest part? Dad, recently retired SEAL, is playing with them. He's play-shouting commands and hiding behind trees with a realistic looking toy gun. They advance from tree to tree as if taking cover, and he gives covering fire while they run to the next tree. I feel like I'm watching an actual SEAL in combat. I would video tape it with my cell phone and post it, but like I said...he mysteriously disappeared during the Maersk thing and then returned a few days later. Hmmmmmmmm... Also, I may have engaged in piracy (of the Napster variety) during my college years.

Whoa, he just stopped them and gave them some sweet tips on firing while shooting. Awesome. Needless to say, I stopped mid-essay and haven't gotten back into it. It's not everyday you get to see a SEAL training with his kids.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Too cute! Love it! Now, get back to studying!

chrisbaker said...

Awwww, do I have to? Boo.